This resource is young and still under development. Here's what we have so far:
- Notes from the Hyperdiscussion
- Research library
1. notes from the old hyperdiscussionincunabula (has anyone made any real progress?)
Posted by michael on September 10, 1997 at 22:19:44:
The incunabula files have intrigued me for quite sometime. I've found that a good portion of the documents are factual. However the best lies are usually concealed in facts. So far this is what I have found out:
I also happened to speak with an engineer employed at the facility when my friend and I were doing research at the library. He was very helpful in attaining information and if he happens upon this I'd like to say "thanx"
- Ong's Hat did and does exist as a geographical location.
- The timeline in inc2 does not seem to fit the history of the area properly (ie. the time of the nuclear accident in which the residents were forced to evacuate.)
- None of the local residents have any recollection of said evacuation.
- The nuclear accident that I've assumed the documents were referring to was a fire in a nuclear missle facility at the air force base north of Ft. Dix.
Posted by michael on September 10, 1997 at 20:31:08:Ong's Hat...... anyone else make any progress?
>Incunabula... thoughts, ideas??
My friend shawn and I made a little trip up to Ong's Hat. Needless to say we never found an airstream trailer in the pine barrens. We did however make a connection between the author and Hakim Bey. Maybe you should read Hakim Bey's piece on Ontological Anarchism.
Posted by Mike Crook on January 14, 1998 at 00:29:21:
Traveled to Ong's Hat with my friend S. The experience was enlightening. The survey maps change its position depending on dates. The diner that corresponds to the current Ong's Hat does not seem to fit the proper location. The local yokels don't seem to have the info on the exact location. There was a nuclear accident however the time line wasn't the same as reported in the incunabula text. We came to the conclusion that it would be in the Lebanon State Forest. We talked to a ranger at the forest and he said there was an annual festival in celebration of the Ong's Hat Story in conjunction with some berry festival. We made a contact with an engineer at Ft. Dix. He also had an unusual interest in the historical background of the area and was a lot of help. We ran out of time. Had to get back to work. As far as the occult nature of the Moorish Science Temple, the only leads we had were to haunted houses, chasing the New Jersey devil, and the Moorish Orthodox Church. In the incunabula material it ends with "Chaos Never Died." There's a man named Hakim Bey (a Part of the MOC, that's his magickal name) who starts an article he wrote called Ontological Anarchism with the same phrase. He also adds the phrase to other articles. In High Times Magazine when asked where he live he states that he lives in the New Jersey Pine Barrens in an airstream trailer. As to our investigation of Emory Cranston we ran out of time to investigate his existence but verified the stated town he lived in, was near Ong's Hat.
In conclusion, considering the media pranks that are par for the course of the Moorish Orthodox Church, several possibilites present themselves: 1) the Incunabula files are true, 2) Hakim Bey, in Moorish Orthodox Church style has either perpetrated or continued the disperion of previously existing incunabula files to form a media prank, 3) that the Incunabula files are altered or doctored accounts of a true phenomenon to some degree.
Further research should/will take the form of verifying the existence and location or fate of Emory Cranston, the link between Hakim Bey and the Incunabula texts or the link between the Moorish Church of America and the Incunabula texts, finding and questioning Hakim Bey (which is a unique and interesting experience according to an interview in High Times), finding the plot numbers of potential Ong's Hat land and tracing ownership.
If indeed this was a media prank in the tradition of the Moorish Orthodox Church, then it has indeed accomplished its tast of taking individuals out of their ordinary mindsets and placing them upon a new track culminating in a unique experinece at variance with their normal lives. If nothing else, it has indeed done this for us.
If anyone else has serious research regarding the Incunabula files a fruitfull correspondence would be much appreciated.
Posted by gaute on January 19, 1998 at 10:41:43
>The incunabula files have intrigued me for quite sometime. I've found
>that a good portion of the documents are factual. However the best lies
>are usually concealed in facts. So far this is what I have found out:
I was almost laughing myself silly the first time i read it. There are a couple of truths concealed in the lies too...
A couple of jokes that I would never have caught, where it not for the fact that I had read some strange book..
This is the part I find most facinating.
Suppose you happened to find one of these characters one day, would you even know what to ask about, or what the answer meant, if you where not familiar with the material, or terminology?
The goal is your own understanding anyway, so why not take the thing as a reading-list in cutting edge research? It is nice to have somebody that has pointed out the PCF influenced works ;)
Then it would be nice to do a couple of experiments in a flotaton tank... I have the feeling that by the time I was well into this, my path would most likely cross those of a lot of interesting people.. The GFP, you know...
Posted by iktome on June 15, 1998 at 02:43:34
- Search results for 'incunabula' on the first forum
- The entire contents of the second incunabula forum
- The new Incunabula Discussion Forum
- PRIMARY DOCUMENTS
A Catalogue of Rare Books, Manuscripts & Curiosa
- Ong's Hat: Gateway to the Dimensions!
A full color brochure for the Institute of Chaos Studies and the Moorish Science Ashram in Ong's Hat, New Jersey.
- Advances in Skin Science: Quantum Tantra
An Interview with Nick Herbert by Joseph Matheny
- Joseph Matheny's Journal
- Other Online Incunabula Collections
- Original ascii Incunabula at the Well gopher
- Joseph Matheny's incunabula.org
a vast trove of rare and original information including scans of the original incunabula catalog!
- Incunabula and the Ong's Hat Mystery
- Chaos Matrix: Not Quite Chaos
- Quantum Reality #4 by Nick Herbert
- S U P E R S P A C E by Paul Davies
- Quantum Resonance in the Synaptic Field and
- The Great Timestream Bifurcation by Terence McKenna
Related internet resources
- Ong's Hat Dossier at disinfo
- Chica Bruce at incunabula.org has audio, video and more.
Includes a realaudio interview with Joseph Matheny
- Ong's Hat and the Incunabula Catalog article
- Institute For Chaos Studies
- invisiblecollege > incunabula
- EggRoom DarkPlanet
- Ong's Hat Rod and Gun Club
- deoxy Incunabula Forum
- Wondrous Barrens - The Pinelands treasures are unique
- Ong Family Genealogy Forum
- The Formula for Surviving Death
gilgamesh, annunaki, gold, merkabbahs, & the incunabula
- Irish Sweathouses and the Great Forgetting
- Interdimensional Traveling index at SpiritWEB
- Enoch, Elijah, Ezekiel and the Chariot of Fire (Merkabah)
- The Teaching of the MER-KA-BA
- The Merkabah in the Bible - in French
- Topological Geometrodynamics
- Dimensional Shifts a series of speculations on time and dimensional travel
- Hierarchical Basis Preconditioners in Three Dimensions
by Maria Elizabeth G. Ong
- Departmental Research Initiatives FRC 1011/1012